The state of South Carolina has retained Guidehouse, Inc. to build and operationalize the SC CARES Grant Management Program which is a statewide recovery program for the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF). The SC CARES Grant Management Program serves as the mechanism by which governmental entities and hospitals may submit requests for reimbursements for eligible COVID-19-related expenses.
The deadline for qualifying entities in South Carolina to apply for the reimbursement of COVID-19 expenses through CARES Act funds has been extended to Friday, Aug. 21, 2020.
Required SC CARES Act Funds Subrecipient Document: Each organization that submits a reimbursement request is required to sign a Subrecipient Agreement which outlines the roles and certifications required of each subrecipient. The Subrecipient Agreement must be signed before an organization can submit a reimbursement request. This agreement must be signed by the organization’s Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the organization’s Governing Board or Authority, where appropriate. For example, if you are a state agency that is governed by a Board, then your agreement would need to be signed by the Agency Head and Board Chair. If you are a local government entity, then your agreement would need to be signed by your County Administrator/City Manager and Council Chair.
To provide the name and contact information for the person(s) that will sign the agreement for your organization, call the SC CARES Call Center (803-670-5170). The identified individual(s) will receive instructions on how to access and sign the agreement electronically.
The SC Cares Grant Management Team has developed a list of FAQs that are updated frequently. View the list of FAQs.
The following resources are provided to assist organizations requesting reimbursements through the SC CARES Acts Grant Management Program.
- Training – Job aids, videos, and other training related materials.
- Job Aids and Videos
- Other Training Materials
- SC CARES Grant Management – Office Hours and Call Center Information (PDF)
- EMD - Public Assistance Funding Slide - 08.11.2020 (PDF)
- SC CRF Grant Management - Office Hours - 08.11.2020 (PDF)
- SC CRF Grant Management - Office Hours - 08.05.2020 (PDF)
- SC CRF Grant Management – Office Hours for Presentation (PDF)
- Communications – Communications distributed by the SC CARES Grant Management Team.
- SC CARES – Training, Support and Application Timeline (PDF)
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Point of Contact (PDF)
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Next Steps for Potential Subrecipients – Association Representatives (PDF)
- Coronavirus Relief Fund Next Steps for Potential Subrecipients – Agency Directors and Higher Education Institutions (PDF)
- SC CARES Portal – This web-based portal is used to submit reimbursement requests for COVID-19-related expenses. Access the SC CARES Portal.